Cali mini trip

My sister-in-law graduated on Friday, welcome the newest CNA in California. I'm so proud of her and her journey. When she told me I wouldn't miss it for the world. I'm blessed to be close to my in laws. The plan was to fly out Friday morning (missed flight cuz my husband doesn't listen to me) So we had to jump in the car and made it to cali at 2pm her graduation started at 3pm. We couldn't get our money back on the flight or rental so out $225 but We made it tho yayyy and was worth the smile on her face. When i tell you this graduation was ghetto this guy threw stacks of money into the crowd, hit the lady in the back of her head (she was ok). Afterwards we went to Fixins Soul kitchen. This place is so bomb. Your drink is either red or blue Kool-Aid, for dinner I had smothered chicken with mac n cheese and candied yams. I Wil definitely go back. We drove back Saturday afternoon.

13 comments:

  1. Congrats to your sister-in-law on becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant :-)

    Glad you still made it to the event despite missing your flight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! Congrats to your Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like fun! The food sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, that's funny with how ghetto the graduation was. But the food does sound amazing though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why I always show up 2 hours prior to my flights. Glad you were still able to make it. Fixin's Soul Kitchen sounds bomb, sounds really southern inspired. I live in Alabama for 3 years and had the chance to try many southern foods such as fried catfish, collard greens, and too much fried chicken and sweet tea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to eat candied yams growing up in the South all the time. Marshmallows on top.

    That line was literally the first thing my eyes gravitated to when I saw this post.

    Good yams are probably worth the trip alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your sister's achievement. I hope she continues to climb the ladder in the medical field.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! on your sister in law's graduation. Glad you were able to make it despite the unexpected events.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it is great that you have a great relationship with your in-laws. I love my in-laws so much and spending time with them never feels like I am just married into the family. Is this restaurant in LA because I need to go by the description you gave.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Glad that you still had a good time! It can be frustrating when mishaps like that flight incident happens, but props to you on focusing on the positives!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love being close to my in laws. It makes me feel like I have 2 more siblings. It's nice of you to be so supportive. Congrats to her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to your sister in law!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to your sister! I hope you were able to take some money!

    ReplyDelete