5.7 Using Advanced Functions

I NEVER KNEW HOW MANY FUNCTIONS THERE WERE THAT COULDVE MADE MY LIFE SO MUCH EASIER. I HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH IF AT FIRST AFTER DOING IT A COUPLE TIMES IT BECAME EASIER FOR ME. EXCEL IS HELPING ME WITH WORK SINCE MY PROVIDERS LOVE SPREADSHEETS (EVEN THO THEY DONT UTILIZE THEM).

CAN WE TALK ABOUT COMMUNICATION FOR A MINUTE. WHEN I SIGNED UP FOR FOOTBALL IT WAS 200 TO GET HIM REGISTERED AND VERIFIED. I SPOKE WITH THE COACH AND AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS THRU THE SCHOOL SINCE COACH JARED IS AT MY SON SCHOOL (WHEN MY OLDEST PLAYED IT WAS THRU THE SCHOOL) ANYWAYS SO AFTER SIGN UP I WOULD GET A TEXT FROM "TEAM MOM" WITH EXTRA FEES LIKE WHAT??? SO YESTERDAY I HAD TO PULL THE TEAM MOM TO THE SIDE AND ASK HER WHATS UP WITH ALL THESE EXTRA FEES LIKE LEGIT I FELT I WAS BEING SCAMMED OR SOMETHING CUZ SHE DOESNT TALK TO ANYBODY AND THE ONLY TIME SHE TEXTS ME WAS ABOUT SOME MONEY. WHEN MY SON PLAYED FOR THE SCHOOL IT WAS 1 FEE AND YOU DONE. AFTER OUR CONVERSATION I FOUND OUT THAT THE FEES IS LEGIT FOR THE LEAGUE AND A JERSEY. EVERYTHING ELSE THEY ASK THE PARENTS FOR HELP CUZ THE COACHS ARE VOLUNTEERS. I GET THAT AND DONT MIND HELPING TEAM BUT A LITTLE MEETING WITH THE PARENTS TO EXPLAIN AND ASK QUESTIONS WOULD BE BETTER AND HELPFUL FOR PARENTS NEW TO THE WORLD OF SPORTS OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL.

12 comments:

  1. There are so many functions in Microsoft Excel that I don't think any single person mastered all the functions in Excel!

    I definitely agree with you about communication and setting proper expectations up front to avoid the perception of scam.

    Glad your son is in a sports team :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. School sports have become ridiculously expensive...my mom complained about it when I was in elementary school, back in the 90s, and it's only gotten worse.

    All those plastic trophies they give out at the end of the year now are pretty pricey, I guess.

    When I played, all we got was...worn out. Not as flashy, but way cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly why I didn't play basketball back in my old high school. There were "intramurals" that were required and would prepare you for the actual tryouts and it was $30.... Even if you didn't make the team you would've already invested $30 in a team you weren't guranteed to join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy, $200+ dollars to play football?! I'm so glad my baby loves to draw instead of playing sports lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm super biased, but I always thought it was crazy how much money gets funneled into sports. From the professional level to the basic lower levels, people spend so much for sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Learning Excel has been really useful at work for me too. Once my boss found out I was Excel certified, he started giving me more work. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that's what you get for wanting to be the Sports Mom! You need to buy a mini van though, just to complete the look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very expensive, it can be difficult to pursue a sport for some kids due to expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, there is a lot of functions in excel, I can barely master the few I know. I hope the sports team community communicates better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wouldn't it be nice if kids could choose a hobby that isn't so expensive? Nonetheless, I hope he is enjoying football!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if it is only you, or all the parents have to pay those additional fees. It seems a bit sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that the team (coaches and team moms) should have had a meeting with parents to inform them of how all things work and what they expect from parents, especially if they are new to the team.

    ReplyDelete